JohnMcMahon

Should they rename "Hellblazer" to "Constantine" ?

43 members have voted

1. 1. Should they rename "Hellblazer" to "Constantine" ?

• Yes!
    • Of Course!
    • Don't Care!

Remember how good it felt to have a loose tooth as a kid. you'd fuck with it all day with your tongue until it popped out.

Why not keep Hellblazer as Hellblazer , but start a second title under Contstantine ?

It can be about a scrawny dull-eyed American exorcist-for-hire that uses a lot of holy gizmos.

Oh! And don't forget his faithful sidekick!

<grumble grumble>

~Pru

[biting her tongue and running back to the "have-seen" areas to avoid dropping spoilers...]

So close!

SBT

Remember the past, when we were all bright-eyed and innocent and loved DC ?

I miss those days. I miss Hellblazer actually being Hellblazer-like. I miss actually looking forward to the series.

This thread is a collector's item. This is where it all started, folks.

A young, naive man named Dan DiDio logs on to Straight From Hell under the screen name Prudence and posts in this very thread. Then, the gears start turning.

heh

I've forgotten too, Lou. Probably the last time I looked forward to the series was during the Mike Carey days. I wasn't much of a fan of Carey's run, even, but the loss of love for the book that I experienced under Azzarello hadn't totally set in yet. I thought the love would eventually come back I would still look forward to seeing the new HB issue in my pull box every month.

I guess that's how most marriages that end in divorce go, eh? I'm glad my partner died after struggling with a crippling terminal illness, so I didn't have to go through the grief of ending it. I was able to feel relief when it was put out of its misery. It hadn't been the book I loved in years, but I stuck with it to the end.

• Upvote 1

I've forgotten too, Lou. Probably the last time I looked forward to the series was during the Mike Carey days.

That's what I was thinking too

Perhaps, in the near future there will be a poll asking if Constantine should be changed to Hellblazer. Accompanied by a shift into a more adult tone, with a focus on horror, along with ever dwindling ties to the New 52 DCU.

Full circle.

And, everyone will say, "NO!", we love this version of John Constantine. The stories are great. At first, the thought of John Constantine fighting Weather Wizard seemed like a horrible idea, but the six-part story-arc they did showed us that it was really what we'd been missing all those years with our "mature readers" Hellblazer.

Now we want to see a John Constantine versus Metallo battle.

Hahahahhahah. I remember a few years ago we had a debate about John venturing into the DCU, how naive we were.

Our children's children will look back upon the day when John Constantine & his fellow Justice Leaguers fought for the world against the Legion of Doom. When John paid the ultimate price with the death of his apprentice Gemma. He then conjured a spell to alter reality itself, separating the "dark" & magical things from the DCU, thus existing in his own pocket universe. Fans will bitch & moan for DC upending the status quo so severely.

Hahahahhahah. I remember a few years ago we had a debate about John venturing into the DCU, how naive we were.

I have to admit I was one of those campaigning for John to operate in the DCU. This is NOT what I had in mind, however.

I have to admit I was one of those campaigning for John to operate in the DCU. This is NOT what I had in mind, however.

You fools, the pair o' ye! We're dooomed

You would not listen.

QUOTE (andy @ Feb 21 2005, 01:04 AM)

Let "Hellblazer" run its course and then re-start the title after about a year and just call it "John Constantine"

planetoftheapesending.jpg

• Upvote 2

Wait, Lou? This is all your fault? Ok, sorry, man, but you should be sacrificed to appease obviously pissed off gods. they fuck with us because of you. ever since hellblazer went off line and was replaced by Kuntstanteen, I haven't been able to get good weed IN TEXAS! All the weed in the country comes through here, for crying out loud! I had to rent a car and go back to san diego and use my weed card last week or week and a half ago when I was gone for a few days.

What? How am I responsible for this? It was Dear Prudence!

And I think we get all our weed from the Canadian border. Well, at least we used to til growers around here started kicking out mad products.

My girlfried, living in Windsor, is quite happy with the quality of her weed.

Maybe we should rename this thread to, "Should they rename 'Constantine' to 'Hellblazer'?".

• Upvote 1