Demon Chas08

This Is Where It Started (A comic called Hellblazer)

Likewise, the fourth character being cast for the Constantine pilot right now is "Manny." Any ideas?

Bernard! Bernard! Bernard! Bernard! Bernard!

• Upvote 1

Paul Bettany's not too busy, is he? And, looking at his recent CV, not too proud?

Paul Bettany's too old. DC Constantine is in his late 20s early 30s, right? Bettany's in his mid 40s, right? He would have been awesome for Hellblazer John, though.

I hope it isn't a great pilot and shitty bunch of episodes to follow. I'm glad they are sticking with basic traits of the character. Sorry, but blond and british are a big deal for me - pronouncing his name correctly as well, because the little things like that all add up to the total package and help to shape the character. the Keanu version never would have developed into Constantine after 10 movies, partly because those little things which add up were never present and mostly because he played the character the way he wanted to play him and not the way he previously existed. Keanu played him like Neo, like Johnny Neumonic, like so and so and such and such, but not like John Constantine. (TINE, you imbecile, not TEEN!).

you know what? i have never seen sam rockwell in a movie where he imitates a british accent, but looks-wise and attitude wise he's pretty much perfect. watch seven psychopaths and choke to see what i mean.

obviously they'd have to dye his hair. lol

Digging around a bit, I see that David S Goyer has a series called Da Vinci's Demons (anyone seen it?).

This is filmed in Swansea (birthplace of Matt Ryan and Evil Nemesis of Tom Willecome's Cardiff).

And Daniel Cerone has The Mentallist, whose character would make a good template for a TV John Constantine.

Yeah, I was thinking that. Accent aside, blend him with TV's Rake (Richard Roxburgh) and the result is pretty damn Constant.

Funnily enough, I don't watch either of those shows because I find the leads very irritating. But that doesn't mean I can't do alchemy with them!

Digging around a bit, I see that David S Goyer has a series called Da Vinci's Demons (anyone seen it?).

Caught a few episodes, weren't particularly good.T

That Constantine blurb sounds pretty good to me, officially on the Optimistic Train To Disappointmentville.

• Upvote 2

And someone has asked Hellblazer "Superfans" to contact him because he may have a way to influence the show.

Any information I receive will be passed on.

Fuck, looks like we might need to break Pertwee out of Gotham!

Alfred appears to have a crazy cockney accent, and I swear to god this is real dialogue from the script:

ALFRED: Oi! Master Bruce! Stop playing silly buggers! Get your bloody arse down off there!

http://io9.com/what-we-learned-from-the-script-for-gothams-first-epi-1530515272/@stephentotilo

• Upvote 1

Constantine ?

I don't have a problem with them setting it in the States, that's just the reality of US TV - Midnite as John's nemesis is certainly more palatable than say Nick Necro!

I'm real curious to see what look they go for - will we get a blonde chap in a trenchcoat ?

• Upvote 1

Bet they pronounce his name wrong, though. Bastards.

• Upvote 1

I've been pronouncing it wrong since about 1993 and no matter how hard I tried, although briefly, it's a habit I can't break. Sorry.

Well "look after" could be interpreted in different ways...

yeah, i'd just like for the character to have all his recognizable characteristics with no lightning bolt fingertip powers. that means blond, british, smoking, trenchcoat, no lightning bolt finger powers, yes to smiling when smiling isn't appropriate, and lots of cussing. network tellie means we'll never hear our John use the term "fuck" in his myriad ways, which is a definite drag. they can say 'fuck' on network tv in europe, is that correct europeans? you aren't so hung up on words used to describe the act of carnal slip and slide like we puritan ancestoried tight sphincters are over here are? even though the US Supreme Court DID say that fuck can be said on network TV when they overturned an FCC fine for Bono when he let loose with a fuck at some award ceremony, so I don't know why fuck isn't tossed around on TV like salads in prison.

I'm hoping that they take some pages from True Detective and make it gritty and weird.