Year Two : 28%

Constantine #13 : -

Constantine #14 : -

Constantine #15 : -

Constantine #16 : -

Constantine #17 : -

Constantine #18 : Earth 2

Constantine #19 : Earth 2

I would say that this illustrates the problem I have with the Nu-Constantine but I don't read it anyway. However that name, bleck.

• Upvote 1

I wanted to ask that very question. Like you mentioned, the DCU "dark" characters aren't afraid or opposed to bending the rules, or, as you're describing them, doing evil things. John Constantine might be a perfect example of superhero who is inadvertently feeding this monster.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=48316

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it almost sounds like the writer's trying to distance himself from that particular look of Blights...

It's funny -- Mikel did a spectacular job on that design, but that's actually only one of Blight's forms

If this was JLD meets Where the Wild Things Are, I think that'd be such a better book!

Remember when DC published Captain Carrot:The Oz-Wonderland War? I think that's what DCU John needs.

I figured that was John. There's smoke coming out of it.

:icon_wink:

That's just the huge amount of smoke DC it trying to blow up our asses.

Even though some worried (is that the right word?) that Constantine was missing a month due to "Villain's Month", and what that may mean for the future of DCU John Constantine, there's absolutely no need to fear (is that the right word?).

Constantine is currently playing a role in the big DCU cross-over called "Forever Evil". It will involve Constantine, Justice League Dark, Phantom Stranger, and probably some other books.

So, Constantine sales should be healthy for a while yet.

All griping aside, imagine how frustrating it must be to follow a new series like this where half of the first year's issues (well, 13 months, you don't get an issue during one of the events because...well, just cause) are involved in some stupid crossover or other ?

It is aimed at people who love crossovers, who desperately wanted Constantine to be able to stub out a fag on the Batmobile.

Care of Bleeding Cool, from the end of this month's Constantine #8 - story continued in a crossover that's already finished, next issue jumping into a different crossover altogether.

IMG_0030.jpg

It looks like the on-going Cold Flame plot was put on hold so that Constantine could participate in cross-overs. Then, this issue came out to finish off that story-arc quickly, so that Constantine could go right back to the new cross-over.

That's going to be one weird read in a TPB.

It is pretty surprising that DC would screw up a new title so badly upon its launch. Of course this is the New 52, but so far they've just been horrible about letting creators have freedom and scaring off creative teams with an over-controlling editor, they haven't been overtly inept like this.

Plus, John Constantine does battle with a big sword in the current issue. He's now Highlander John.

I bought JL Doofus and Phantom Strangelove because JM De Matteis was writing.

His lovely crazy metaphysical stuff seeps through occasionally but by golly it's a load of poppycock when the DCU kicks in.

Pandora, a made up character who looks like The Question and a Phantom Stranger based on the popular Secret Origins comics of the 80s. Constanteen has a cigarette in 66.6% of the panels. And what fucking idiot though of Nursey Nightmare ???

But most of my ridicule is saved for the Swamp Thing Thing they have in these comics.

Poor.

I bought JL Doofus and Phantom Strangelove because JM De Matteis was writing.

The preview pages for this are enough to confirm that isn't for me but, man, those Sexy Nurse pages..the allusion to a deeper context and history....so lazy...

I 'like' how the first page is basically "In some other comics, these characters got the best of the lead in THIS comic" BUT "AHA! The star of THIS comic is winning now, bitches!"

Ade, shame of you for paying cash money for this shite.