Sign in to follow this  
Red

Sandman Overture

Gaiman's been taking full credit for the delays, but that might just be him being lovely

did anyone else notice the I am Groot version of Morpheus in that fold out "Many Morphii" at the end of issue 1?

Issue #3 did ship last week. It's been, like, nearly a week since I read it now, so I've already forgotten a lot. I know I liked it.

Gaiman was writing more a sci-fi story for the issue, which isn't usually Gaiman's forte. He did a good job with this though, as it had a very dream-like quality to it also.

I liked that we returned to the telling tales motif also.

i got it. it's the best issue of the 3 out so far. but waiting so long between issues is stupid. why don't they just finish it and release it monthly?

I think this story's pretty strong so far. Of course I'd like it to progress faster, but it doesn't really bother me that much, I'm still enjoying the issues when they come along. Though it's a good story, it's mainly fun for those who already have read Sandman, I'd say, as it depends a lot on continuity.

• Upvote 1

At the same time, I think there is a lot packed in to each issue. It doesn't feel decompressed to me. I feel I get my money's worth in each issue. The only reason it'd feel slow or lacking in story progression is probably because of the time-lag between each issue.

Otherwise, I totally agree.

but wouldn't it make more sense to finish it, then release it, if it's going to take 6 or more months between each issue? I had to go back and read #1 & 2 because I had forgotten what the hell was going on. Oh yeah, all the alien sandmen.

• Upvote 1

Yep, it's a good book, the issue here is poor publication methods, and maybe Neil is too busy with that kooky bird of his.

• Upvote 1